Healthy saute uses a small amount of broth instead of heated oils to cook vegetables. Broth is way cheaper than oil. Cha-ching. You save!
How To Healthy Saute
- Broth (chicken, beef, etc)
- Onions (sliced, diced, etc)
- Vegetables, diced
- Meat (sliced or diced chicken, etc. optional)
- Stainless steel pan (or cast iron); non-stick cookware is toxic.
- Heat 1 – 2 tablespoons of broth in a skillet over med-high heat.
- Once broth bubbles, add onions. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add fresh spices (garlic, fresh ginger, etc.) and cook for a minute or two, stirring often.
- Add vegetables. Cook til done, stirring frequently. Or add meat. Cook til done. Then add vegetables.
- Remove from heat, toss in a little extra virgin olive oil
Onions have oil that gets released when cooked. If they stick, keep stirring. They will let go. Lower the heat if onions burn.
Cooking onions kills the smell that bother people and angels [Healing with the Medicine of the Prophet 257-8].
Get printable version of this here Print Healthy Saute
See more healthy saute recipes here Healthy saute.