I’ve always loved fresh green beans. And this is one of the best tasting green bean recipes I’ve had. And it’s very easy to make. I like to use fresh green beans, but the ones from the can works also.
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel (I used bottled lemon juice when as a sub once)
Cook beans in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Drain. Place beans in bowl of ice water to cool. Drain well. (**Skip this step if using canned green beans)
Melt butter with oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic; stir 30 seconds. Add beans; sauté until heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir in parsley and lemon peel. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to platter.